Chelveston Road School aspires to be an outstanding centre of excellence for young people with SEND in the community, region and nationally for 11 to 19 year olds and those beyond up to 25.
Our central core value of ‘Every child, Every chance, Every Day’ will be our driving force for providing the best possible holistic learning experience for our students. In order for us to achieve our aims in our first year of opening, we will have five key areas of focus.
- We will provide a rewarding student experience through a rich and experiential curriculum, which will be holistic & personalised in its approach.
- We will prepare our students for life beyond Chelveston Road School to live as independently as possible, making a positive contribution to the society in which they live and their wider community.
- We will challenge perceptions of young people with SEND by having high expectations of our staff and our students in terms of their potential, their behaviour and their own sense of self-esteem,
- We will be a setting with high quality CPD for all staff whereby staff will intrinsically value being a community of colleagues driven by action research and evidence based practice.
- We will be a ‘Hub’ for families and the wider community where there will be proactive promotion of life-long learning, and who knows, maybe adult accredited courses.
Our school values are: